Did you know … We run an assisted shopping service for anyone that can afford to pay for food supplies but who is or should be self-isolating?
How it works:
- You do not have to be over a certain age or have certain health conditions to access this support. If you should be isolating for whatever reason, let us help you with your essential supplies.
- You contact the Harpenden Cares telephone number (01582 460457) to register for assisted shopping
- Your request is passed to our assisted shopping team who will call you back to take a shopping list of essential items
- When you speak to our assisted shopping team you will make a secure payment over the phone using your bank card. Payment will be £50 for a large shop or £30 for a smaller shop
- Once payment has been taken, the shopping list is passed to one of our volunteers, who will go shopping and purchase as many of the items as possible
- The volunteer will deliver the shopping to your home without any contact
- We keep a record of the amount we have remaining on your account, which we will use against future assisted shopping requests that you make
Harpenden Cares Contact Centre, 01582 460457
If you need support, please contact us between 10am-2pm from Monday to Friday
A Community Response to the Coronavirus
Harpenden Trust supports Harpenden Cares
27 April 2020